I just got transfer calls and I'm moving from Srinakarin! Transfer meeting in on Thursday I'll let you guys know where I go next week! :)
Such an awesome week finding soo soo much joy in the work with my boy Elder Visser. We had tons of crazy and spiritual experiences. I got tons hopefully I don't forget it all. I left my journal at home today.
So we usually go and street contact at this mall named Sea Con like every day and it gets boring even though there is tons of people. Recently we haven't been getting very many people interested and lots of people turning us down before we even talk because they know what we are gonna say. So last week we decided to try out some new places. We found a couple good spots and had some crazy experiences.
One day we were contacting and just asking people if they'd like to come to church when Elder Visser put his hand on this guy's shoulder to ask him how he is doing. The guy turned around and in English started swearing at him and pushing him it was CRAZY! The guy thought that Elder Visser wanted to fight or something I don't know but Elder Visser just kept backing up and saying "Woah woah woah I'm sorry! I love you! I love you!" It was way cute hahah what a nice guy. Things settled down and we kept going and found a couple good solid people and got their numbers.
Next day we decided to find another new place so we hopped on a bus and decided to just see where it takes us. It drove by this random street that seemed to have a lot of people so we got out and tried just walking around and talking to people. It was way fun, within the first 10 minutes we had each gotten 2 or 3 phone numbers of people wanting to go church on Sunday. It was so awesome. I'll talk more about those people later. One way cool experience that happened was this clearly homeless man approached us and just started going off about how much he loved us and loved the Savior. Haha he then pulled out a 20 Baht bill and said he just barely got it, then put it in Elder Visser's shirt pocket and yelled, "I LOOOVE JESUS!!" and before Elder Visser could reject it he ran away laughing. The guy clearly needed the 20 Baht more than us but was just being so nice. Elder Visser quickly found another person in need to give the money to. Just a fun experience exploring new places and new ways to communicate to people and share the Gospel. I used to dread going out for hours a day just to talk to people, but now a days I love the time we get to go out and find the elect that Heavenly Father has prepared for this Gospel. Also another crazy guy was just walking around with a picture of the king and said he's sell it to me for 100 Baht so I was like oh sure whatever it'll probably help this guy. Then we got in a taxi later with it and the taxi driver was freaking out and said I should have paid over 1000 Baht for it and how beautiful it was haha kinda cool.
Anyways onto new investigators from last week. We met this guy named brother Pan. Oh my goodness he is the most golden investigator ever. He finishes all of our sentences when we are teaching lessons then adds on why he thinks it's important and stuff like that. Haha we met with him every day last week because he was calling us begging us to teach him. He came to church this Sunday and is SO excited for his baptismal date on the 15th.. I'm way sad I won't be here for it. The coolest part though is we met ANOTHER amazing investigator named Woot. He really wanted to be baptized and to follow Christ. He believes that the Holy Spirit is what caused him to meet us, but the coolest part about that was that brother Pan our other golden investigator was the one helping us teach. He was bearing his testimony about prayer already and how excited he was to also be baptized. So exciting. I'm so sad I won't be here for their baptisms but I'm just glad I was able to see a part of their conversion and see the Spirit work on them.
Throughout the week we were also able to give a couple church tours to some new investigators, and sit down with some less active members at their homes and share some great spiritual messages. One was brother Boy. His whole family is Muslim but he has been a member for a long time. He was super happy that we came and said next time we come we should sit down with his sister and share our message. Was exciting.
The work has been going so well. I'm a little bit sad, I feel like I just got into the comfort zone with our missionary work here in Srinakarin. We have been seeing so many miracles. I hope that I will be able to carry all I have learned from Elder Visser and the work I've had in Srinakarin and apply it to myself for these next 20 or whatever months and for the rest of my life. Time is flying by! 9 months so far but who's counting? I love you guys!
Another scripture that touched my heart this week was 1 Nephi 7:12.
"12 Yea, and how is it that ye have forgotten that the Lord is able to do all things according to his will, for the children of men, if it so be that they exercise faith in him? Wherefore, let us be faithful to him."
Dang I love that. All we have to do is show FAITH and He has the ability to do ALL THINGS for us. I know this is true :)
This is the only pic I got haha the picture I bought off that homeless guy.