.

.

Thursday, March 19, 2015

Week 41: visiting family!!

This week in Bangnaa was just as great as any other week. I really hate moving into new areas at first but once I get settled in its way nice. The members here are already like family to me!

The coolest thing that happened last week was I got to go on a switch off with Elder Hunt who is a good friend of mine in Bangkhen, which is where my grandma lives and where my mom grew up. :) I got permission to go and hang out at their house for a little. It was soooo awesome just chatting with my grandma and my cousins and family in Thai in the house that I've been visiting since I was little! We talked for ever and helped her understand more about the Church, what I do as a missionary and why I'm here. We then showed them where the church near their house was and had a really good time sitting in the sacrament room listening to Elder Hunt play the piano.

The other days were spent trying to figure out all of the less active members here because there is so many, and finding new people to teach. The street contacting here is a little slower than my other areas, which is weird because Srinakarin is only 15 minutes north of here and Samut Prakarn is only 15 minutes south. We will have to keep looking for good places with more people.

We have one great investigator named brother Pong. He was worried he hadn't received an answer yet but we had a way spiritual lesson with him and helped him see how God has already answered his prayers. He really, really wants to be baptized but for right now his family doesn't support him at all. The closing prayer to that lesson was perfect. We asked him to pray and ask one more time to be sure if this church was right for him, and we asked him that after he was done praying to just sit for a minute or two and think about his feelings in silence. The Spirit was so strong and he knew it that those feelings he felt came from God. We will just keep praying for his family to also be touched by the Spirit.

My homeboy Tevin shared some great stuff in his email home, I'm just gonna copy and paste it here because I loved it so much. How blessed am I to have such great examples out doing His work too :)

"During the training, they were talking about how we are so lucky to have opportunities to serve missions. Elder Malm said, " You are not SACRIFICING 2 years to se be a mission. More So, the Lord has blessed you with this opportunity to come to his "University" where you can learn the principles that will prepare you for Eternity. It's up to YOU how you apply the things you learn that will direct the rest of you're life." What he said next stood out to me a lot, "The Lord trusts you." ..... I thought about what that should mean to each of us. Not just as missionaries. But the Lord has put us in certain situations in life and he trusts us to make good decisions. I thought about "What would Jesus do?" And if we apply that before we make any decision, for the most part, we will be doing the right thing. When Elder Malm was asked what the #1 thing we should take from the meeting is, he said, "There are NO limits. The Lord will get His work done. The Lord does not need us to do something he can do himself. He allows us to do it, so WE can learn and WE can grow. That is the reason we are here on earth. Don't think lightly of the opportunity the Lord has given you.""

Love you guys! I'll write more stuff next week.. Maybe :)

1. me and my grandma and cousins :)
2. me and sister black complaining about how hot it was