.

.

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Week 18: teaching gov officials

I'm starting to realize the importance of writing in your journal cause I literally can't remember anything that happened this week hahaha. 

One cool thing that we have been having the opportunity to do is teach English to all of the government officials of Chiang Mai. Head of Army, Police Chief, pretty much everything really. It's a way good opportunity for the church as is, but last week they just one day called us and asked us if we could go out to lunch. They took us to the nicest buffet place in town! It was so crazy and nice. And at the end we took a picture together and they said it was going in the newspaper! Such an awesome experience and blessing! 

We had training last week, and 1 thing stuck out to me sooo strongly. One of my zone leaders made this point, "We not only need obedience for miracles, but really why not? We can wake up at 6:30 for the rest of our lives, but right now, this mission, is the only time you're going to receive blessings for it." It really made me think. Idk I thought it was cool. 

Dang I'm so bad at managing time cause I gotta go soon but the work was going really well and we have some really good investigators with baptismal dates coming up. I can't explain how much I love this work. :)


 a double rainbow all the way when we were out finding

4 thais and a whitey :) 

ok so this was the craziest storm I've ever been in on its way. everything was flooding and all of the power was off and even water was shut off in bathrooms and stuff. so crazy!
I'm getting worse and worse at emails I'm sorry. Church is tru c u next week