I can't believe how fast time is flying! In a couple hours or so I will find out if I'm moving or not, but one thing is for certain my trainer is leavin and that means as of Thursday I'm no longer a greenie. It has been about 5 months since I left, so crazy to think about how fast time has flown and how much I have loved every second of it.
The work here in Chiang Mai was so awesome this week. We saw many miracles happen in our district! One of the Sisters here finishes her mission this week but it has been soooo sick to see how she has only worked harder knowing her time is almost up, definitely a huge example to me!
We had one less active member return to church and it was a HUGE deal!!! Missionaries have been trying to get him back since before I got here and we stopped by his coffee shop and I bore my testimony of how I didn't go to church for 9 years but when I finally returned it felt like I was home, and he said he would think about it. When he walked in all the members ran up to him and were giving him hugs and just showing their love for him. It was a really special moment and I pulled him aside after church and asked him if he was coming back next week, he gave me a huge smile and said I guess we'll see and then gave me a hug. HE'S BACK!!!
We also had the opportunity to teach a less active family, who has 2 daughters, twins, that are 10 years old and not baptized. We taught the plan of salvation and there was a very special spirit their knowing that this family was going to be able to live together for eternity. At one point, one of the twins asked why did Heavenly Father send His Son to suffer, and it kind of caught us off guard coming from a 10 year old, but before we could answer her twin told her its because He loves us. Tears built up in my eyes hearing that come from such an innocent child. It really made me want to be more meek and humble as they were. The dad agreed to prepare himself to be worthy to baptize them in the upcoming month, as they both shared how badly they wanted to be baptized so they can live with their family forever. It was an incredible experience.
Another awesome miracle happened. We had a lesson with a girl, Sister พลอย (Ploy) yesterday and it was SOOOO PERFECT! She has been coming to church with a friend for a while now, and yesterday when we met with her we had the desire of just getting to know her better and try and meet up with her again during the week, and go from there. We got talking and her mom was brought up. She had passed away and Sister Ploy was telling us how much she loves her and wants her to be happy wherever she is right now. We instantly taught of the plan Heavenly Father has prepared for us, and felt impressed to give her a baptismal date. We asked if she would prepare herself for the 9th of next month, but she said she would rather work really hard this week and have us help her prepare for next Sunday!! We were a little caught off guard but said of course we can make it a goal, and then went on to teach her some of the big commandments she needs to keep. She had exactly ZERO problems with EVERY single thing we taught, and has NEVER drank coffee or tea!! She has been praying every day, and reading her friends Book of Mormon every chance she gets. WHAT THE HECK?? It is so easy to teach people like this when you KNOW that Heavenly Father has personally prepared her for this message. I believe she will be ready for next week and it is 100 % because of Heavenly Father's hand in His work. I'm excited!
We got word of HUGE NEWS that is effecting the Church in Thailand. So, when President Senior first got here a year or 2 ago, there was one stake. Since then, there has been made a goal of 4 stakes because Elder Anderson said when Thailand gets 4 stakes, there will be a temple made here. That is our biggest goal right now as missionaries and a huge reason why monthly baptisms have gone from 50 to 200 in just a year- faith in getting a temple. Right now there is 2 stakes, and we just got word that there is going to be at least 2 more in the next couple months. TEMPLE IN THE NEAR FUTURE YESSSS!!!! PRESIDENT SENIOR IS SOOO INCREDIBLE!! I could go on writing about the growth of this mission through his guidance for 700 paragraphs but just lettin' you all know Thailand is movin on up :) Not bad for a 98% Buddhist country. I'm so blessed to be a part of this hastening of the work here.
This Thursday is transfers so I will let you all know where I am headed next week, because the way we find out is when our names pop up on the screen and it's a complete surprise. It was so fun my first transfer meeting I went to! I'm pumped to see what happens, but I am definitely hoping I get to stay and get a new companion.
The zoo was not that cool last week hahaha, but today we are going to a snake farm(?) should be fun!
I love you all so much! Thank you for all the support and emails and stuff. I am so thankful for all of you.
PICS
1. Me and Brother ฟอรด (ford hahaha) at the Zoo :)
2. so there's this crepe place by our house... ya. its good.
3. We play basketball with these kids every Friday and share a spiritual thought, so freaking fun! They think we are soooo good at basketball its so funny because I was by far the worst of my friends back at home but they are just happy if they hit the backboard.
4. One of my dad's old companions, President Wisan!
5. CHIANG MAI ELDERS
6 and 7. me and my papa, Elder Sukhan. Gonna miss this stud!
8. haha so this is some guy smoking (not cool) but the reason i think its funny is because the thing it says, ชิว, when you say it out loud sounds like "chiw" or "chill" idk i just thought it was funny, that's their thoughts on white people. Smoking and saying Chill.
SEE YA







