Jk I know. I'll start from where I left off duh. Left the MTC and stuff and it was way sick.. But I was hoping to call a lot of people from the airport but there ended up being some delays and I was only able to call my family pretty much :( So I was way sad but it was nice to talk to the people I did. Sorry everyone who was expecting a call and didn't get one.
The flights were long. And sucked.. Yeah that's pretty much it for that section lol..
We arrived in Thailand! Right off the plane we met up with the mission president who is so awesome and the APs.. And then we were handed pass along cards and told to give them out.. Ugh it sucked. I was so scared. But it all worked out as always. We got to the mission office and one of the people working there, President Wisan, stopped me and said Elder Luker huh? Why is that so familiar? I told him my dad served here 20 something years ago and then he freaked out and was like ohhh my gosh! That's your dad?!?! You look like him! He was my companion for a couple transfers until he became an AP! It was so sick! I hope I run into more people that know my dad. :) Anyways we did more street contacting and orientation and stuff and then had dinner at the presidents house. I really love the mission presidents! We slept in a way nice hotel before leaving to transfer meeting in the morning..
Transfer meeting was so awesome. So at the presidents house the night before he told us don't worry we already made the assignments and noone is going too far out of Bangkok.. Lol yeah right... Guess what comes up on the screen in transfer meeting? "New Chiang Mai Elders" I was like holy crap someone is going to Chiang Mai?? That's so far away (14 hour train ride!) Then all the sudden boom my picture pops up and I just freaked out and went and hugged my new companion! I can't believe it! Chiang Mai! Everyone there was cheering and stuff and saying how crazy it was I'm being born into Chiang Mai. Me and my trainer, Elder Sukhan, opened up a new area for my first transfer. Sooo crazy! Everyone just kept saying how awesome it was and how much fun I was gonna have. I feel so lucky!
The train ride... sucked
Since getting here we settled into our house as much as we could.. Haha its so ridiculously small and we have SIX Elders living in it.. And funny story. I walked into this new house and first person I see turns out to be Elder Klein.. It was so crazy! I had no idea he was here. Me and Elder Klein have gone to school together since 4th grade and I didn't even know he was in Thailand.. In my first house. Small world! I love our little house. There's lizards and millipedes and other friendly creatures all throughout. Lol.
I'm running out of time to email but umm we have been doing a ton of street contacting and it's seriously so fun to me. I love trying to speak Thai but sometimes its so frustrating. We just go up to random people and say wanna come to church? Then they will obviously be like uhh what then you just go off on blessings and stuff. It's way cool. We came into this new area with no investigators or anything but since have found many people and gotten tons of numbers. It is crazy how the Lord is preparing so many people.
Yesterday we taught an old lady and at the end of the lesson my trainer asked me to get her to commit to baptism.. Ugh so scary. But I did and she said she will but she is scared. SO STOKED!! Today we have a couple more lessons and more time planned for street contacting so we will see how that goes.. I feel like I'm missing a bunch but oh well.
Today being P day we traveled up North and went to a temple and did more fun stuff I'll just attach some pictures and finish this huge email up lol. They might be crappy quality cuz i have so many but idc swag swag swag
dudes in utah email me on sunday night is probably when i will usually be on.. keep it realz love you all so much the Church is so true it hurts. Ether 12:27 for days. send me letters to that one address that should be on instagram and twitter. the thailand one. [It's on this blog!] then the mission office will send it to me. deuces
first pic i took in chiang mai.. rad. theres my trainer :)
lucky me :)
me and my companion :) at some temple place today
this is MY city baby chiang mai
the new bae. sorry ladiez
we dressed up like northerners.
..paradise







