.

.

Monday, August 18, 2014

Week 11: following up on Dad's work

What an incredible week. Where do I even start?!
Sooo everyday we go inviting for at least two hours and I can't remember what I said about it last week but seriously its the funnest thing ever. We just go talk to every person and all we say hey wanna be baptized? And they obviously are confused so we explain it then invite them to church! It is so fun and I really love speaking Thai. We had 5 baptisms set for this Sunday but we will see how many of them follow through and are willing to prepare themselves before then. I LOVE THIS WORK!!!

The members here are so awesome. Multiple times this week I have had people tell me about how awesome of a missionary my dad was when he was here. So incredible that I have the opportunity to come follow up on his work 26 or whatever years later! I love the members. They are all so willing to help with the language and help in lessons and everything.

So more about my companion. He is such a great trainer. He knows just how much I can speak before he has to jump in and save me. And it turns out his mom served here the same time my dad did and they knew eachother, and again I got to hear more about how great he was.

So another thing that happened this week during contacting was we walked up to this white guy and asked him if we wanted to go to church and he sat there for a sec and said "you guys are Mormons aren't you?" and so we said yes. And he said, "What a waste of time. Wake up, there's no God." And pushed me out of the way and kept walking. But I actually liked this experience. I don't know why but it kinda made me laugh because I know how I used to be, and how anyone can change. So I just prayed for him and carried on. :) we are all brothers and sisters.

Another great thing that happened was we had this investigator, กุ๊ก, who wasn't really progressing and following up on her commitments, but then one morning she just called us so excited because she dreamed about a man with long hair in a white robe helping her through her hard times. We let her know this was a huge answer to her prayers and she looks forward to her baptism date. :) 

I love getting up in the morning and just getting excited to put the badge on. It gets hard. Way hard. But my testimony grows exponentially every single day as I meet the people the Lord has prepared for us, and see miracles happen in all of our investigators right before my eyes. This week I have thought a lot about where I was a couple years back. It's crazy looking at the change. I want more than anything to help others experience similar changes because I am more happy now than I have ever been. Thanks to everyone for the support :) I love you all. Picture time :)

This picture doesn't even come close to showing how wet it is here during the rain season. This was just the only time I was brave enough to pull my camera out! It pours 24/7.

After sports night with our first branch we were eating when the lady in blue asked me if I new a white guy named Elder Luker too. I pulled out some pictures and she just smiled and didn't say much and said my dad was a lot skinnier than me lol. Also some Thai fruit

McDonald's here is unreal expensive. This was my first not Thai food meal in country, so I obviously had to THUG it out a little. real g's

lol this guy looks like bruce willis

today we went to an elephant farm and idk i liked these statues and this cool little book that contains the Word of God :)

this was drawn by an elephant and translates to "do good for dad" also my mouth is full of beef jerky so i look twelve. eh win some lose some. doin this for u though dad :)

hugs

selfie game honestly way too strong :/


That's about it for all my good pictures. The country is just breath taking beautiful but pictures don't do it justice. Just go to google images for me k? I'm forgetting a ton of stuff but oh well. Love you all to death! Love this work to death! and I'll talk to you next week :)