.

.

Monday, September 21, 2015

Week 68: "most golden investigator ever"

Happy birthday to my lovely mom :) Still haven't met a cute little Thai mom as cute as her in the year plus that I've been in Thailand. And I don't think I ever will. Love you mom!

It's been a crazy couple of weeks! I can't really remember much that has happened haha oops.. The biggest thing that happened and the only thing I can think about right now is that we are teaching the most golden investigator family ever right now. I'll try my hardest to explain the whole story, but it's seriously unbelievable.

Elder Saunders and I have just been working crazy hard recently without a whole lot happening. This same thing happened in Bangkhen with Elder Purser for like 2 months and it was rough but then things just exploded back there cause we stayed diligent. Same things about to happen here in Saphan Suung for sure!! Our district has 9 people with dates for baptism right now. Should get wild here pretty soon :)

I'm going to try my hardest to tell this story literally how it happened. I promise I'm not exaggerating, and its the truth.

Okay so about the way way way golden investigator. His name is Pode. After the first lesson he brought his wife Bow so we are teaching them now. They have a 2 year old daughter. Anyways, the back story on this guy. He is the owner of "Thai Regional" commercial airline company. He is 38 years old. Look up his company dude, the guy is rich. About 15 years ago he heard something about Jesus so prayed, got an answer, and spent the next 15 years trying to find the true church. Last Tuesday he was driving past the church and was like, "Why have I never gone inside this one?? It's the closest church to my house!" So he came in and met us...

He told us every single church on this planet was wrong. He said every time he walks inside a church he can just hear God through the Spirit giving him a strong "NO!" And then he walks out. He told us he has tried reading the bible before but some things just seem messed up in it, so he hasn't read it much. After he said the comment about every church being wrong, I shot back "Well what about this one then?!" And he said straight up, "Nope. This one is the true church." Hahaha we were amazed. We hadn't even taught him anything. He told us before he walked in he prayed and asked God for help, that if it wasn't the true church he would just turn around and go home. But as soon as he walked in, he knew! And because of that, he later... you guys aren't even going to believe this... He said he wants to go straight to Salt Lake City and give his airline company to the church. Because he KNOWS, and he bore strong testimony of it, that this is the true church and he wants a church in every single province in Thailand, and all over the world. He explained he now knows the reason he was put in this position owning a multi-million dollar airline company at 38 years old. It's because God needed him too. We were all in shock. Literally when I mean we were in shock, we like couldn't reply. He shared how much he felt bad for the Thai people, being such a huge Buddhist country. He said he needed us in order to save his people, and we were quick to let him know we need him too and that's why God prepared him so much. After the lesson, the member that helped us teach who's been a member for 40 years, looked at us with the widest eyes ever and just said, "This is not normal. Call the stake president, and call your mission president."

Fun part that I forgot to add in, at first he didn't say he was the owner.. He just said that he was a pilot, and I was like oh sick my dad is too! And he was like oh cool what kinda plane. And I said CRJ. And then it all came out lol. He said, "Oh I just talked to the owner of CRJ the other day. I might need some new pilots if I can work out this deal with them. Would your dad be willing to fly for me in Thailand?" I said yes.. Hehe sorry dad

The next day he came back, and we got the stake president to help us teach. We taught the message of the Restoraion and he completely ate it up. Said it made perfect sense, and even said it sounded like he has heard this message before, and as we were teaching it it was just like we were reminding him of the truth. He brought his wife but she didn't learn too cause she had to sit outside with the baby, but she was way interested. The stake president has an incredible conversion story that is sooo similar to Podes and Joseph Smith's. It was the best Restoration message I've ever heard in my life!

All in all, we met with him 4 or 5 times last week. When asked when he was free for return appointments, he laughed and said, "Is there anything more important than this? Call me when you need me. I will make time for God." So.. We did... A lot. Lol. Gonna sum it up for you guys real quick, him and his family came to church. They loved it. Everyone loved them. They want to get baptized THIS SUNDAY. The Bishops family and we are going to eat dinner at his house this week. He wants to give everything, and I mean everything, he has to The Lord. We'll see what happens.

This works out perfectly with the ward split that just happened. This whole time God has been preparing him to be a good Melchezidek Priesthood holder for so many years, and now that the ward split we are kinda low on MP holders for the ward that his house is in. I think that's why just now he finally decided to walk into the church closest to his house. I don't believe in coincidences anymore. I can tell ya that for sure. God has His hand in all things. Everything. He is preparing the hears of sooo many people, every single day. I'm so lucky to be a tool in His hands. Miracles do happen every day and this one isn't even close to being over. Who knows what will happen, maybe nothing will happen with his airline company but either way he will be a great leader in the church.

1. Brother Gua. He's a stud. He used to be like a professional ping pong player but he's 70 now and the cutest old dude ever. He's ripped too.
2. Issan food with the district and some people from Bangkapi
3. a painting of me and a cat
4. us in front of the church. Me n Elder Saunders
5. I am the selfie king