.

.

Monday, April 20, 2015

Week 46: transferred to our family's home--Bangkhen!

Well I got moved to the place I have wanted to be ever since I got here. I got moved to Bangkhen, where my mom grew up. And where some of my family still lives. I can't explain how excited I am to work in this area and with my uncle and aunt, and cousins that live here. And for the time being. my grandma is here too until she goes back to America! Seriously so excited to be here!

This week I had a couple really awesome experiences. I got super carried away watching Mormon messages today and don't have any time to email so I'll try and sum them up really quick. We had a baptism yesterday! Sister Vicky was taught and everything before I got here but it was super obvious to me she was prepared by the Lord and SO ready to make her first covenant with God. She already has so many friends here in the ward and I'm excited to work with her as a recent convert and try to find her some new recent convert friends :)

Another thing I found out this week was that my first investigator ever, Sister Ploy in Chiang Mai GOT BAPTIZED!!! Missionaries have been working with her for EVER. She is the sister of Thailand's only area 70 and in his patriarchal blessing it said she would be baptized so this was a HUGE deal!!! Seriously! I found out today and just started screaming. It was my first lesson ever in country. Some members took us to her house, and I couldn't say a thing. All I was able to say was the baptismal commitment at the end of the lesson, and she just laughed in my face and said no. But I feel so happy today knowing some other missionaries were able to bring the Spirit to her home and she got baptized! Seriously so awesome!

Last night in the evening I went to my grandma's house to pay a visit. It was fun playing with my cousins and talking some more, and we got to talk some more about prayer and read from the scriptures a little bit. She is Buddhist and I'm Mormon but we are family and it was nice to have conversations about what we believe. I remember when I was really little and she lived in our house, and I would get so scared at nights I'd have to go sleep with her in her room. I told her how I remember how she would glady let me in to sleep with her even though we communicate, but she always made sure of one thing before going back to sleep. She would put her hands together and say "Thank you God" and gesture for me to do it. That's something that was brought up yesterday talking about prayer and I was so happy to know that she remembered, and she still prays every single day. We shared a prayer together and read from Alma 37:37. This scripture changed my life. I know for a fact I have used this scripture a billion times more than any other on my mission but it's because of how much it means to me. It talks about how if we pray, we will be directed to do good. There was lots of emotion as we read from the scriptures together in her native language and I am so blessed to have been able to share that experience with my grandma. I am so excited to be able to keep on visiting her.

I'll attach some pictures from Thailand New years last week and the water festival and the baptism and saying bye to Bangnaa.. I love you guys!





 [with our grandma and cousins!]



alright that's enough paparazzi