.

.

Monday, June 16, 2014

First update from the MTC

Alright sorry its taken me so long to get some sort of a mass email going but I don't even know where to start!!

First I wanna just say thank you to everyone who has emailed me or sent me anything so far, you guys have helped me so much! I really love every single one of you. I only have like 5 minutes so this one is gonna be short but I promise next week or whatever will be good.

So the day I left was like the craziest day of my life. I said bye to my mom and stuff which wasn't that fun then within like 5 minutes they had already handed me all my books and showed me my room and told me to head to class. It was super rough. But I met my companion! He is 22 years old and from Australia. He's super cool and we get along well. At first I was really scared my companion was gonna suck and it was gonna ruin my MTC experience but its actually been really nice. He has a great knowledge of the doctrine of Christ and it has been so awesome to work and study with him 24/7. In my district there are 8 sisters and 6 elders. We are the second biggest district on campus. We all get along really well!! But anyways..

The normal day here is honestly hard. We wake up at 6:30, eat breakfast at 7.. Then we have gym at 7:30.. Then after gym is over and we are showered up and everything we have class for 3 hours! And class is sooo hard. The teacher only speaks in Thai and recently I've actually started to pick it up a little but at first it was definitely not fun at all. Then we have lunch, then after that its back to class for 3 more hours! Ahhh its so hard. And on the 3rd day in, we had to teach an investigator who only spoke Thai. Pretty much me and my companion just said Jesus loves you like 4 times and then left haha. Then theres dinner.. at 4:30!! And then you study for pretty much the whole day until bed time.

Last week we had the opportunity to hear from Elder Cook in a devotional! It was incredible. He said pretty much everything I wanted to hear. I was really worried about having not a strong enough testimony and not being good enough at the language, but he really helped me feel better.

K dang it I have to go. But next week I will fill in everything else and let you know more details. Sorry this email was pretty lame lol. I will try to attach some pictures.

I love all of you and I seriously love hearing from you all soooo much you dont even know! Stay safe everyone! Also I have a new favorite scripture... Moroni 10:4-5 go check it out. LOVE U SO MUCH

Elder Luker
also last thing is they made me get a hair cut and i was super scared but i talked the guy into letting me keep a little. it was a very spiritual experience ;)