.

.

Sunday, March 27, 2016

Week 94: transfers, asking "why?"

Hey what's up everybody! It feels like its been for ever since I emailed since we didn't get on last Monday! But things are going great. Last Monday instead of Pday we had transfers which are way different now! Pretty much all we did was go and pick up Elder Roberts from the bus stop haha where back in the day we would have had a huge exciting meeting and it would have ben a huge surprise who I was going to be with but this way is way way way more efficient and I'm super excited to be with Elder Roberts. So last transfer Ayutthaya was a 4 Elder area but now me and Elder Roberts are closing it down to just a 2 Elder area due to a shortage in missionaries in this mission. But for the next 2 weeks, we will also have Elder Stephens with us in a trio before he moves down to Bangkok. Elder Stephens is cool, he's like me cause his dad served here then married a Thai chick. His dad said he knows my dad and they served together so that's cool.

Things are going really well here. Last Monday we had family home evening with sister Jan and Brother Aeg. Sister Jan is a recent convert and they have an 11 year old son that isn't a member yet. So we are gonna work with him and complete thier family because he already goes to a Christian school.

Tuesday was good we had district meeting in Lopburi and talked about the Why in why we are all out here. We discussed what our "why" is, and what we are willing to do for that "Why." It's something I'm trying to figure out in almost all aspects of my life. Why do I want to do what I want to do and what am I willing to do to achieve my righteous desires? Consistantly reviewing the direction you are heading in and how you can constantly adjust it to be more in line with the direction that God wants you to be heading is a huge lesson I have learned on my mission that I know can bless us in ALL aspects of life.

Wednesday we taught brother Nung. He is on track to get baptized next month and his Book of Mormon reading and testimony is off the charts. Homeboy has read it like 1 and a half times already, read the entire "Teachings of Howard Hunter" book and the entire Gospel Principles book. He is ready for baptism and looking forward to it! Way pumped :)


There was a bunch of different festivals in Ayutthaya this week and we had a blast and saw great success street contacting at the many different places. There was 2 different muay Thai festivals and this Panda awareness thing. Soooooo many people. Something I really love about this companionship I'm in right now is how friendly to everybody and how easy to talk to my companions are. I feel confident wherever we go that they can spark up a conversation with anybody and make their day in an instant. It's super fun.

agh happy Easter I wanted to talk a lot about that but I will next week.

I have to go sorry but church was great we had 5 investigators come to church so that was really good to see improvement in investigator attendance!!

I love you all! Here's some pics...

1. #templeinthailand
2. us and brother nong
3. the center of our town
4. lookin like we are about drop the hottest album of the year
5. at the muay thai festival