Sorry I didn't email last week. So much has happened but I don't have that much time so I'm gonna miss a ton of details darn haha. It's been great though! I'll try to remember everything..
I can't remember any of last week.. Dang it... Ummmm on Wednesday we gathered up a couple of less actives and went to the sports arena and played basketball. It was super fun to sit there and watch them play while I was sitting in my boot. HA. Not. But it was good to spend some time with them and fellowship them.
Every Friday we go out contacting with members! It's way good and fun for the members. There are a couple stud members that love getting involved with the work. I think that's the reason English class has been blowing up. There have been a couple of families that came to English that said they got invited to come by some Thai person last Friday. I'm a huge fan of this activity and getting the members involved because its way easier for people to trust that we really do represent Jesus Christ and we really do teach English for free when there's a bunch of Thai people backing us up.
Last week on Sunday we got to go down to Bangkok to celebrate the 50 year anniversary of the Church being in Thailand with Elder Stevenson of the Quorum of the 12 Apostles, Elder Gong of the Presidency of the 70, and Elder Wong of the Asia Area presidency. It was great and I got to see a lot of people from old areas since I've been in like... Every area in Bangkok hahah.
Last Monday we went out to Suphanburi which is like an hour away to ride buffaloes. Hahaha. Way fun. But the real reason we went out to Suphanburi: last week we got this random call from this guy saying he wanted a Book of Mormon but he doesn't know where the closest church is. He said he lived in Suphanburi and we could come visit him whenever we wanted and he would be free. We were worried it wasn't real so we decided to go on a Pday so we could just go and party even if he didn't show up. Well he did show up! And he is seriously interested! He said he has known the church for about 20 years but has never had the chance to get his hands on a Book of Mormon. He was WAAAAY STOKED to get it and get to reading! I'll talk more about him in a little bit... His name is Nung.
Tuesday was way good cause English class is really picking up. We have more than a few potential investigators that come every week that we have also given copies of the Book of Mormon too. Me and Elder O have focused our teaching and even our street contacts to have eeevverything be centered around the Book of Mormon and it has been AWESOME! We have felt the Spirit way more in our teaching and finding.
Wednesday we tried to throw another sports night together but nobody really showed up and my ankle hurt haha so we went out inviting and also taught a recent convery.
Thursday we took a trip down to Bangkok because Elder O got pretty sick with some dizaroophus (shout out to Grandma Luker for censoring the word die a ree a for us) and a bad stomach. While we were there we also stopped by the physical place for my ankle and I got some shots in it and the doctor had way good news! Since the swelling has gone down we were able to look at it more and found out I partially tore and stretched out a bunch of tendons in my foot, and partially tore the upper ligament in my ankle. Not as serious as a complete tear like we originally thought, and only one was effected. I don't have to wear my boot anymore as of yesterday. Doctor said I could buy a nice ankle support to wear unless I know I'm gonna be walking way far or doing anything heavy then I have to wear my boot. So I'm probably gonna wear it this week but since yesterday we only went to church and its pday today I'm gonna take a break.
Friday we had to chill a little cause Elder O's insides aren't working but in the evening we had the inviting activity with the members again! It was good. Only like 4 members showed up but they went straight ham so it was way effective. Some good stuff came from it. Sickest thing about Friday: we got a call from Nung. APPARENTLY the Book of Mormon we gave him was missing 70 pages. In a year and a half in Thailand this is the first time I've ever come in contact with a defective BoM. But it was a MIRACLE because he said he will just come to Ayutaya to the church to pick up a new one! So at first he wasn't willing to come here because it was too far but he set up an appointment with us for this Wednesday to meet us at the church and get a new Book of Mormon cause he loves reading it! I thought that was such a miracle. God works in the most wack ways sometimes hahah what are the chances we give him a book with missing pages and it makes him want to come to get a new one and come to the church? I'm way excited. He also said he's got a bunch of friends that would go to church if we opened up a church in Suphanburi so we'll hope that's true!
Saturday! Wow Saturday was tiring as everrrr. We went to brother Nong's house to help his dad tear a whole wood house down and take all the wood back to his house now.... Maaaaaan. I don't wanna describe it cause it will just sound like I'm complaining hahaha. But it was a great example to serve. We left the house right after studies and didn't get back till 6. Then we went out to eat with some people that came to English class and introduced some stuff to them. It was fun.
Sunday... We had investigators come to church yaaaay. First time in a while that we have had more than a couple. We had 4 new investigators come. One was somebody that saw us on Friday when we were inviting with the members and was interested to come to church but didn't have a chance to talk to us. Well Sunday morning she saw the Branch President and his wife dressed nicely and recognized them from Friday and ASKED if she could go to church with them! WOAAAHHH SO SICK!!! So she came and we have a return appointment for Tuesday, and she's got a Book of Mormon she was clinching tight to when she had to go. Her name is Bua. :) Then there was sister Gii. She came to church over a year ago and then said she just came cause she was passing by this Sunday. We got in a lesson with her and the Spirit was way undeniably strong and we felt inspired to ask her again why she came this Sunday after not coming for a year. She said she came just 1 time, but she felt something special. Every since then she's missed it but she went to a different province and was way busy so never had the chance. She was having a way bad day on Sunday and remembered her experience at church and how she was happy. So after driving an hour from Bangkok she went straight to the church and got exactly what she came for. She loved it and felt the Spirit and said call her any day at any time and she will come learn at the church. She wants to be a member. Gii is a beaaast. Another was sister Nam. She was invited on Friday. She loved church and everything and made a ton of friends the first day. Yesterday there was a fireside in Bangkok at like 6pm. We didn't go but our investigator went with a bunch of members! The fellowshippin was great. Good Sunday.
SHOUTOUT TO NIKI BLACK AND DJ BASSET FOR GETTING ENGAGED! And shoutout to Christian Jeremy Nate and Dallin for visiting my mom today. You guys are my BROS.
I got no time I'll attach some pictures. Love yall.
1. me riding on a buffalo with brother nong last pday
2. the pday before that i forgot to say we went to lopburi for this festival where everyone dressed up like old times
3. me and a monkey
4. this is from elder stephensons visit! all of these people were baptized in the first couple months after me and elder johnson opened up a new area in Lad Krabang. I can't believe how unbelievable prepared that area and these people were. what a miracle it was to see 100% retention thus far of the people that had been waiting for the gospel to come to their area. man i almost teared up!!!
5. bonus pic: i drank 6 bottles of water at lunch the other day and i have never gone to the bathroom so much in my life
6. boot model





