This week was actually crazy!
So first off last week on Monday we were having this huge sending off party at the church for all the missionaries in my district going home. There was my companion, Elder Jeng. Then Elder Takeuchi, Sister Grover, and then 2 Elders from Laos, Elder Beebe and Elder Evans going home that were all in Udon for this get togethere individual missionaries that were going home had a chance to share a quick scripture and they were all way powerful.
Okay I'm gonna tell you straight up what happened next: we were playing some casual basketball and just messin around and I (almost lol) did this way sick crossover into Euro step layup. This Thai investigator named San that I love was guarding me tripped backwards and kicked his left leg up when I first did the crossover, so when I jumped with all my weight to the right to do what would've been the sickest move of my life, our legs bumped and it made my ankle twist in mid air so when I landed I pretty much just landed with ALL my weight on my sideways ankle. POP. Haha I always heard people say stuff like "I twisted my ankle and there was a HUGE POP!!" but I never believed them. Well, I'm sorry for not believing anyone cuzzzzz after I heard this ear drum piercing boom I thought for suuuuure I was just gonna look down and see my bone just chillin there poking out of my sock. But it wasn't. I tried to play it off and walk it off like it didn't hurt cause I hate lookin like I'm faking an injury or something but maaan I knew something was messed up for sure. I felt my foot getting waaay hot and my shoe getting super super tight so I finally decided to go sit down and check it out and I lifted up my pant leg to look at the damage and dude my ankle was bigger than my thigh hahhahahha. No pictures of it when it was it's biggest but I got a pic from a couple days later. Anyways, we decided to go to the doctors the next morning to see what's up and if I could do anything about it. Doctor was like "so you have a twisted ankle hmm what seems to be the problem" like normal then I lifted up my pant leg and he was like (in Thai) "DAAANG OK WOW YEA LETS TAKE AN XRAY RN YEA" so I did but luckily nothing was broken. Turns out I have like a torn ligament in my ankle or something like that. Super bummed- I have to wear a boot for 6 weeks and I'm supposed to use crutches too but I'm not down at allll for that it hurts my arm pits so bad hahah. If things don't go well I might have to get surgery when I get home. There is a lesson to be learned in everything though that's for sure. Lesson learned: church shoes are made for church not for crossovers.
Later on that day we got transfers calls. I was sitting there like "yeah yeah who's gonna be my new companion in Udon I'm so pumped" Then I got smashed. I moved to Ayuttaya to be with Elder Outta Aphay. I'm soooo pumped. At first I was unreal shocked and way upset to be moving, but I should've been quicker to humble myself and be happy able it. I'm not zone leader any more, I am just a good ol senior companion which honestly is great news to me. I get to just focus 10000% on my area and improving it. Just good simple hard work. My companion is such a stud I can tell we are going to be best friends.
I packed everything up and flew down to Bangkok which was nice. I had to leave my guitar though because I didn't wanna check it and have it get smashed on the plane. Hopefully I'll be able to have someone bring it down in the next couple of weeks. Got to fly with all the missionaries that were going home it was fun. We got down on Wednesday and transfers weren't till Thursday so we just hung out around the office, also got to go out and grab something to eat with a member from my old area Bangkhen. It was good to hear how people back in that ward are doing.
Thursday Elder O picked me up in Bangkok and we got out to Ayuttaya. We went over the current situation of the branch and what the vision is, who the people we were working with were and so on and so forth. Since then we have just been doing pretty standard missionary work. Teaching and finding, the good stuff. I love this area. I really do. I have visited it before as a missionary and with my family before the mission so there's lots of familiar sites. My Thai grandpa is from a closeby place in Suphanburi I think so that's really nice I wanna go check that out sometime. Also we aren't to far from a place called Lopburi where one of my uncles lives so we will have to go see him there too!
Things are great, I really think we all have a decision to make with anything that happens really. You decide how you can react. Can't really decide to have my ankle magically healed now that it's already messed up but since it's that way whether I have a good attitude about it or a good one, why not just pick good attitude? Something I've really tried to work on in my mission with so many things that are uncontrollable. I love it out here, I'll have way more to say about the area and how things are going next week.
1. me in the ayutaya chapel on sunday
2. hahahaha I can't believe I'm sending this pic this is sooooo flipping nasty. I'm sorry. ew please don't judge me :(((
3. this is my companion hahaaahahahahaahahaahhaha

