can't believe another transfer is gone. This week Elder Jeng is headed home to Taiwan! Crazy seriously how fast it flew by. This guy is gonna do amazing things when he gets home. It's been awesome serving with him. I'll let y'all know what goes down at transfers next week, we still haven't calls but I'm positive I'm staying here.
This week was pretty hectic preparing for zone conference and for my man Jeng to go home. Things are good though, I'm pretty excited to show my new companion around the area (assuming I stay) and get back into the groove of things. Elder Jeng is flying down to Bangkok tomorrow and I'm gonna just chill out here and wait for my new companion to come on Thursday. Oh man I really hope I finish my mission here. I love it so much.
Brother Deng is doing so well. We taught him and his wife at their new place and they were so happy. He just had to move his shop to a different area because he wasn't selling well at the old area, but since moving he's seen way more success selling clothes and is giving all the credit to God. He shared an experience that was really special. Usually he goes out and drinks with his friends to deal with the stress of paying bills and selling not well but since he's been feeling better, he's been having no problems with alcohol and shared an experience of waking up early one day and just playing with his son when normally he'd be in bed hung over. He said he felt the Spirit while playing with his son and realized this is what life is about. We were so happy to hear that. I know he'll be baptized soon. He's doing so well and their family is so cute.
Zone conference was great. We talked more about teaching repentance and baptizing converts and using Preach my Gospel as much as possible. Really solid stuff, its always good to go back to the basics. A lot of times in missionary work and in life with the Gospel or anything really we like to try and make things more complicated than they are but really God has laid it out so simply for us. As we have to do is obey and He can't possibly go back on His promises He has made us. I've definitely learned that life lesson simply through missionary work, it applies to both sides though for sure.
During zone conference the finishing missionaries all had an opportunity to share their testimony of their 18 months or 2 years served here in Thailand and also Laos. Man. I'm dreading that. Not really much to say other than that. I love this country. I love these people. I can't even describe.
I'll just leave it at that before I cry or somethin in this internet cafe hahah. Talk to you all next week.
D&C 82:10: "I, the Lord, am bound when ye do what I say; but when ye do not what I say, ye have no promise."
1. your boy loves bananas
2. your boy loves brother deng's beautiful family
3. your boy loves pretending to be hipster
4. your boy absolutely loves pigeons
it was so cold in udon this last week I forgot to mention. dang it I also forgot to mention last week on pday I was throwing up and right after that like half of our district was throwing up and then it just went away after like.. 1 day. weird haha. but I had to wear this stupid camo jacket like all of last week because I was literally physically unable to handle the cold. how cold is 8 degrees Celsius anyways? someone let me know please. anyways, we could see our breath! crazy stuff. here's a pic we were trying to take of our breath being seen but it didn't work. I promise you could though!



