.

.

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Week 53: "suuuch a good week"

We had one of the most rewarding weeks of my entire mission this week. Insane miracles happened. It was just perfect!

Brother Gale has been progressing towards baptism so well! But the huge miracle that happened with him last week was with his.. Fiance! He proposed to her again so they could be legally married and not have to worry about the law of chastity and she said YES!!! They have been dating for 10 years and he has asked to marry her many many times and always got rejected. But then this month, before meeting the missionaries she miraculously doesn't live with him for the first time in 10 years, and now they are getting married so she can move back! Wow! And Gale was such a beast about it.. He was so excited to tell all of the members about how God helped him to get engaged. Way cute, he said he couldn't marry her on his own because she's way too good for him, but he had God on his side this time. Good news but here's the bad part, homeboy was in the hospital Saturday night cause he had such bad diarrhea, haha pray for him ya?

Another way cool thing that happened was a referral we got from my old area Srinakarin. Like the week after I left.. my old companion, Elder Visser, started teaching this way good investigator and she got baptized and he told me all about her so I felt like I kinda had a connection to her because I originally was going to stay another transfer in Srinakarin then got switched last second so Elder Visser could train. Anyways that girl, Sister Ooo (dunno how to spell her name in English lolz) came all the way to Bangkhen to meet up with us with a referral. This referral, brother Golf, is sooo cash I can't even believe it. He is already Christian and hates the leaders at his church because he feels like all they want is money and power, so he started praying to find the true church. Well he found it lol. We gave him a tour of the church and he is way golden, gonna be getting baptized in a couple weeks. Reach out to God, he'll guide ya where you need to be. 100%.

Miracle number 3. Brother Sagon. He was the former Elder's Quorum president that went inactive a couple years back. Many missionaries have worked with him over the years and he hasn't returned. We went over to his house last week with brother Bank and sister Ef and had one of the most powerful lessons of my mission. He hasn't been doing to well recently health wise but last month we had the opportunity to go over and give him a blessing. Well we finally got a chance to go back and follow up with everything and he was doing way better. We read from the scriptures in 2 Nephi 9.
20 O how great the holiness of our God! For he knowethall things, and there is not anything save he knows it.
21 And he cometh into the world that he may save all men if they will hearken unto his voice; for behold, he suffereth the pains of all men, yea, the pains of every living creature, both men, women, and children, who belong to the family of Adam.
22 And he suffereth this that the resurrection might pass upon all men, that all might stand before him at the great and judgment day.
He couldn't even get through reading it before he started bawling. It was simply just powerful. He admitted to us he didn't have a single reason to not be going to church. We talked a lot about the priesthood keys he held when he was Elder's Quorum president and how great his responsibility was. He said right now he doesn't have the physical capability to go because of his back, but the Spirit was so strong and he committed to keep praying and reading. He made sure before we left that we would tell everyone at church hello and send his love to all of them. I'm bad at explaining how cool things really are haha sorry.

Something I forgot to add in last week! My stake president was talked about in general conference I don't know if any of you remember it. He is the one who was in a bad car accident and is in a wheelchair now but was the first stake president of the Bangkok North Stake that was way pivotal in the announcement of a temple in Bangkok. Anyways he served with my dad in the same district 28 years ago or whatever, and so we had some good talks about them serving together hahah. He said once they had a contest to see who could eat the most peppers and they mutually agreed it would be better if they just stopped at 10 peppers. Do you remember that dad?

Lastly the biggest thing from this week. MY GRANDMA CAME TO CHURCH!! AND SHE BROUGHT HER BIG SISTER!! (MY GREAT AUNT??? I THINK THATS WHAT ITS CALLED??) IT WAS SOOOOOO SICK! We saw so many miracles this week but one that was way special to me was a miracle that happened with my grandma. My mom's mom lives here in Bangkhen and we have been working with her closely trying to get her to come to church! She is really really really Buddhist and always changes the subject whenever we bring up anything about the church. And I have set a clear line that she is my family before she is an investigator, and no matter what, religion will never come in between our love for each other. But over the months she has started to pray every day, and I know she has felt the Spirit a handful of times. Last week we were at her house eating and the conversation of church was brought up again, except this time she said she would try it... But, she was going to leave next Tuesday to go back home, leaving her with only one Sunday to be able to go to church. Pretty much no benefit or realistic chance of anything coming out of it with her having to go back to the US this week. Anyways, last week she called me randomly a couple days after she decided she would try church out and said something along the lines of, "Elder McKay! I found out a way where I can stay in Thailand for longer to be with you! I'm not leaving until the end of July!" WHAT!! God totally prepared a way for her to stay here longer and maybe be baptized in Thailand and stay here. I believe that will happen. Yesterday she came to church for the first time, and her and my great aunt(?) really enjoyed it and had fun. I know that as soon as she was willing to reach out to God, He was waiting with open arms to prepare a way for her to attend church with her grandson hopefully more than just a couple times. :) We'll see!

Hit my year mark last week, burned one of my shirts. It was sick. Time is flying. Every once in a while I just have to slow down and think, what have I accomplished in my time here? And what do I want to accomplish in this next year before I go home? Scary.

Here is pictures! :)