.

.

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Week 52: "MAYracles"

may·ra·cle
ˈmarək(ə)l/

noun
a surprising and welcome event that is not explicable by natural or scientific laws and is therefore considered to be the work of a divine agency.. in May
Transfers happened last week, I'm super excited to say that I'm going to stay another transfer in Bangkhen with the lovely Elder Purser. Pretty slow week, but we had a huge miracle happen with one of our investigators, Gale. I don't know if I have told you much about him, but after his first time coming to church off of weeks of calling him and telling him to come, he came and was golden. Then we found out his mom and little sister are both members from Chiang Mai! He has been progressing well towards his baptismal date of the 7th. His sister hasn't made it to church yet because she has testing every single day, but right now they are living together and she is going to try her best to be at his baptism. On Saturday night, he called his mom and told her he was willing to do anything to be baptized. He has a girlfriend that he used to live with that he has been dating for 10 years, but he knows that it's because of God that they happen to not be living together for over a month now, right when he found the church. He was concerned about when she wants to move back in at the end of the year, and keeping the law of chastity. We told him we definitely don't want him to choose between the two, but find a way to make their relationship work according to the commandments of God. He was scared to talk to his girlfriend about baptism and everything, but after talking to his mom he gave the most beautiful and humble prayer I have ever heard an investigator say. In his prayer he put everything on the altar of sacrifice and pleaded with God to make it possible for him to be baptized and keep His commandments, according to God's will. The Spirit was incredibly strong. The next morning he called and said his girlfriend was okay with him getting baptized, and keeping the commandments. She's a future investigator for sure. MAYRACLE

Another great thing that happened in Bangkhen this week was English Class. It was seriously so perfect. We tried to make it be the funnest week of English ever, and it truly was. We had a talent show, watched and translated Mormon messages, and ate popcorn. Everybody had SO much fun! But the spiritual thought was something special. It was something I learned from the man the myth the legend Elder Quinn when I was a greenie in Chiang Mai, with a mouse trap and having faith to trust in God and his representatives. Me and Elder Purser challenged every single person to come and push the mouse trap, because it wouldn't hurt and it would bring them happiness. Of course right before that, we showed what the trap could do to a plastic spoon and it was way sick haha everyone like screamed. Then we read in the scriptures about faith, and promised them that if they had the faith in us, saying it wouldn't hurt, to press the mouse trap that they would be blessed. Finally a member showed us his faith and put his finger on it, only for the trap to not go off and make a loud clicking sound that again made everyone scream. We then challenged, and the Spirit was so strong, for everyone there to just stop wondering what church is like, and if it can change their lives, and believe our words. And meet with the missionaries. And receive the blessings God has prepared for them, according to their willingness to take that first leap of faith and push the trap, or meet with missionaries. It was really special, and after class we got a handful of new investigators. One girl had been going to English class for almost 2 years without ever going to church, but after came up to me and said this was the first time she felt something different during the Spiritual thought, and we set up a return appointment and gave her a Book of Mormon. We handed out a bunch of pamphlets, Book of Mormons, and got a bunch of numbers from that super fun, and spiritual English class. I really enjoyed being a part of it. MAYRACLE

https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2012-06-1870-school-bus?lang=eng YOU GUYS NEED TO WATCH THIS MORMON MESSAGE IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE PLEASE EVERYBODY WATCH THIS!!!!!!

I love you all! Miracles haven't stopped and will never stop EVER! It's been a year since I left on my mission, because of the biggest miracle that has happened in my life, my sister beating cancer. It has probably been the best decision of my life. I am so lucky to be able to be out here representing the Lord. It's so bittersweet that I only have 1 year left to go out there and help other experience those same type of miracles. I love these people.

here's my new suit and elder klein, the bountiful native.


Also, I heard my beloved cat passed away this week at 19 years old. I freaking love that dude, been with us since I was born, that's my brother. Rest in peace Milo. I will attatch what my dad had to say about it, only read it if you wanna get way sad. I hope you're not mad at me dad lol.

Milo really slowed down for a couple days. He just went under the piano and sat there for a day or so, not even moving to use his sandbox. He just kinda stood there and didn’t want to move. Mom and I came in the house on Wednesday and he was lying on his side with his mouth open and not moving. I thought he was gone. I went closer to check on him and he was still alive but non responsive. I knew he wouldn’t make it through the night. I called Jess home and we took him to the couch where he loved to rest and we made him comfortable and said our goodbyes before going to bed. I woke up Thursday morning to a nice dream that he had regained some strength and was drinking water as I gave it to him. Then reality hit me and I feared going downstairs to see him. I knew that he had probably left us. I finally gathered the courage and went to see him. He had passed away peacefully in his sleep during the night. I cried. I am crying while I’m typing this. It was hard to see him lifeless. He has been with us for so long and has been such a good kitty. I had hoped he would be able to hold out another year in his old age, but he declined rapidly in the last week. He was 92 in cat years, so I guess it was his time. I can’t think of a better way for him to pass than from old age, at home in his comfy spot. We buried Milo in the back yard so he will always be close. I will miss him dearly.