Solid week of good work in Srinakarin with Elder Visser. The weeks are flying by super fast and I feel time is slipping away. I am so happy with the work right now I am, for probably the first time, really dreading how fast time is flying by. Of course before I didn't want to go home or anything but I would be happy a little to see a month fly by, but now looking at the calendar I get a little stressed and it makes me think about how I can make the most out of every day.
We learned some really good lessons from each other this week. One day in companionship study we got carried away talking about all of this really deep doctrine stuff that we don't understand right now being just 18 and 21 year olds, so we decided to kneel and offer a prayer. We both felt the spirit and got super pumped to get back to work and not worry about the stuff we can't understand! Pretty cool experience and a great testimony of the power of prayer.
We have been going all over the place trying to visit families and sharing quick spiritual thoughts and asking for some referrals and then moving on to the next family, and its so fun. It's a huge change because just recently the vision was go out and street contact till you can barely walk anymore. I'm loving this change and we have seen blessings because of it. We have 2 new daters from street contacting even though we have been focusing way less on it, and I know its because even though we weren't spending a ton of time out street contacting, we were using our time as effectively as we could. I will let you know more as brother Tom and Panaa progress!
One scripture that we have loved sharing with families is Moroni 4:9 which just says to believe in God, and then just testifying that God is real and He loves us. Small simple truths can invite the spirit so strongly into a lesson when you personalize it and share how God has helped YOU individually.
We have been doing a freaking HARD CORE diet recently and all we can eat is vegetables and chicken breast and it's sooo hard but I want to get skinny so bad.. anyways on Saturday we were just both way sad because we had eaten nothing but healthy stuff all week so we decided to just binge and have the craziest free day. Haha I got a jumbo meal from McDonalds and KFC in the same sitting and had like 4 ice creams throughout the day. I was so happy. I'll send a pic of my meal.
I got some sweet pictures of me playing with a baby tiger and a full grown tiger at the crocodile farm last week but I forgot them so I will have to show you next week.
I love you all! I will try and seek cooler experiences to share with you all this week :)