.

.

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Week 34: "Sweet Home Alabama"

Well last week was transfers and more crazy stuff happened. Seriously. I got the call Sunday night that I was moving AGAIN even though I was in Samut Prakarn for only 2 weeks as an emergency.. Gotta be honest I was super mad cause I felt like we were just about to start some really good work with the ward. But, I got over it and then at transfers found out I'M GOING BACK TO SRINAKARIN!!! I was SO EXCITED. Best part: I'm companions with one of my best friends in the mission Elder Visser. I'm so stoked its unreal. He was the person who hosted me at the MTC even so he has met my parents and everything! He is from Arkansas and we have like the exact same humor haha it's trouble. But these last couple days with him we have worked unreal hard because it's so easy to work hard when you're working with your best friend, so I'm just so excited for this transfer back in Srinakarin!

We saw a miracle this week for sure. Right before I left Srinakarin to get emergency transferred a couple weeks ago, me and Elder Sugi met a guy from Pakistan here on a visa that ran away from the government with his family because in Pakistan its the law to be Muslim. I was super pumped to teach him but then I had to leave, but I was so excited to hear that he was GOING TO GET BAPTISED ON SUNDAY!!!! AHHHHHH!!!! So awesome. We ate dinner at his family's house on Saturday night, and the spirit was so incredible there. Sitting in an empty room with out any windows and just talking about our Savior with people that left everything behind in Pakistan to come follow Christ was just breath taking. He said back in Pakistan they had a huge house, a couple cars, and lived very wealthy. But here, they do maid work for a living and can't afford anything, but they are happier here because they can follow Christ more freely. His story was increidlbe how he developed his testimony. He is going to do huge things for this church. Sadly though he is the only one in his family here on a legal visa so for now, he is the only one who got baptised but I KNOW this family will go to the temple to be sealed for all time and eternity in the future.

That's pretty much all that has happened. I bought a new camera last week because Elder Jeng the professional camera guy in my last district convinced me I needed it in order to be a successful missionary lolz jk but I'm way pumped. It takes some pretty good pics. Thanks for all the support you guys

1. me and my pals at transfer meeting
2. a pic i took messing around with my new camera on the way back from the store in the taxi.. haha
3. the BAPTISM!!!! that's my companion to the left of me.. i will send a pic of him and me at the mtc next week.




love you all