.

.

Monday, November 17, 2014

Week 24: a special call :)

SUP

as normal i have no time to type up a good email because I was too busy looking up pictures of funny cats on google.

This week was awesome. So IDK if I ever wrote anything about it, but my parents came to Thailand to come say hi to family and friends here. I'm 14 hours away from Bangkok here in Chiang Mai, but it was just kinda cool knowing they were in Thailand. Well, one day the mission president just called me (obviously I was way scared lol) and I answered and he said Hello Elder Luker there's someone here who wants to talk to you! And in the back ground I here my mom say in Thai that she misses me and it was so cool. We got to talk to eachother for a couple minutes in Thai and it was just kinda a cool experience. Anyways :)

Last Monday we went to the Queen's palace and this golden temple thing called Doi Suthep, the second time I've been but it was way fun. I'll send some pics.

Yesterday at church we saw some miracles. Some guy just walked in and was like hey i've learned with the missionaries before and I know everything but I got busy and had to work every sunday but now I'm not working, will you baptize me please? We said NO obviously.

jk he should be getting baptized this month I'll let you know how that goes.

We watched this WAAAY COOL video in church yesterday that President Senior prepared for the whole country to watch at church. It was just about getting more excited about getting referrals for the missionaries and having that referral get another friend and so on so we can get a TEMPLE! I wanna copy of the video seriously it's so cool.

Then.. there was another video :|

One of the return missionaries made this video about.. idek the purpose other than to make people SAD! Its just like a collage of THAI PEOPLE smiling and going on about their lifes to the song that david archuleta just came out with idk?? but it is SO BEAUTIFUL. I CRIED SOO HARD!!! Just watching and seeing all these Thai people so ridiculously happy with not that much... I can't believe how much I have grown to love these people in such a short amount of time. I can't put it into words. Thailand is home to me.

hey I could go in to detail about like proselyting and teaching and stuff but that would probably just bore you all to death, just know we are havin super fun and seeing miracles every day.

One of my zone leaders Elder Vandenbergh is my best friend he is the one on the motorcycle with me

1. idk why my teeth look so yellow
2. i caught a snake (inspired by our trip to the snake farm a month ago)
3. #CUTE
4. golden temple*
5. THIS IS MY CITY
6. pals
7. pretending to break the rules when really we are good boys

8. we did service together :)









i'm doing this huge food eating challenge today with like a large pizza and ice cream and idk just a ton of stuff it's gonna be SICK okay? okay bye i love you everyone