.

.

Monday, July 14, 2014

MTC update #5

This week was pretty good! There is soooo many missionaries leaving my zone tomorrow and the next day and I'm so sad about it. But overall solid week.

Last Tuesday in our devotional we got to hear from Elder Andersen! Holy.. How many apostles is that so far? He had an incredible talk on repentance and being pure and feeling the Holy Ghost and it really helped me out because I was struggling at the time to recognize how I personally feel the spirit but the talk was a huge help!

Wednesday we hosted new missionaries again! I was able to host Joey Steed and Spencer Humphries (bob!) It was so sick! And Elder Perkins and Elder Clark Robinson are on the same schedule as me so I see them sooo much! It's so nice to have so many people I know around at the MTC now. Also Hermana Fowler was hosted by one of the girls in my district and I was able to say hi to her and her family! It was awesome to see her so happy and excited to be here.\

I really feel like I'm starting to pick up the language. It's awesome. I felt the gift of tongues so strongly in one of my lessons with an investigator. We were talking about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and halfway through he stopped me and told me he had this weird burning in his chest and he felt an overwhelming sense of comfort. I was so excited because I think it was the first time I was able to teach with the Spirit even though I might not be the best at Thai. He committed to get baptized and I couldn't help but get really excited. It's all role playing but trust me its insanely hard and they have the hardest questions but it still gets me so excited for the actual field! Tonight we will be skyping a family from Thailand for 40 minutes! I will let you all know how it goes. It's crazy the opportunities they give you at the MTC!

I have to go but I appreciate all the love from everyone! I love you all so much! I have some decent pics this week with a bunch of bountiful elders and a fortune cookie! Hit me up everyone! AND SHOUTOUT TO BAM BAM ON HIS MISSION CALL WOWWW I LOVE THAT KID SO MUCH SOMEONE GIVE HIM A HUG FOR ME!!




This is my zone seriously more than 2/3 is leaving :( 
but we get 20 new thais this week :)